ETERNAL ALLIANCE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ETERNAL ALLIANCE

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trolling 101 part one ...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nks
league member
league member
Nks

Trolling 101 part one ... Empty
PostSubject: Trolling 101 part one ...   Trolling 101 part one ... EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:27 pm

Concept and ideology of controller beyond pot ,debuff and pumping power. In this first part we will talk about "that" beyond aspec of trolling. The aspec that makes you go from a "troller" to a controller. No other role has more direct interaction with the party than you the controller. Healers can heal... thats it. tank can cc thats it and dps well just beat stuff up skill and gear balance them sweetly. To the controlling role goes beyon skill and gear and walks into the realm of knowing. People will go wtf is nks talking about well let me explain myself so you can get it down as this first part is mostly ideology than hands on.
Example 1
Sorcery dps

Boss is in the zone (35% or lower) you see your healer full bar and tank. But the dps is all goin out on final ruin (or impalling thorns ect) if you dont know what he is doin normaly would ignore his power pool since everyone else is full and on pot . Theres goes the error in that moment it should click in auto mode def. Debuff and pump him so he destroy the boss. Thats the controlling way you are makin the boss die faster for ur pt wihout even puttin a bullet or a hand on him. While a troller would just go on his bussiness and forget that ur job is to make everyone better over urself. Thats knowledge that decision can make a 10 minute fight go in 4 just by knowing your tools (party people are ur tools you are working behind what they see for a greater cause )

So did your gear , loadout or skill could help you know your party's tools? Nope thats why I talked about the third power that trolling brings to the table knowlege. So if you want to be a good controller check ur skills its interaction with all power and how you can go beyond pot debuff and spank. For us in the batery role as most people call it go beyond that you will begin to finally get it.
We are not baterys at all we are the tempo of the fight we deside how fast it will die how much time ur healer have to fight to power regen ect. If you dont want to really understand the craft of fighting roles please dont go controller go dps or something else. Since for a controller to get in the powerhouse status gear bring most roles it needs to understand others and know that others go before you.

Now before we end lets talk about areas and resourse actions.
First area you need to understand is melle area (the boss aoe area , trash mobs front lines ect.) As a controller you need... thanks to hl for that now... You need to get in that inner area of fight more often you need to debuff (please use the boss back for that) and get out is not that we cant be there but the power usage of ur healers goes up roughtly 35% more and thats what we work to keep down in that inner area of the fight we are support cc we take trash of dps ,healers and even the tank if you can handle it. But ur true area of work its in the range area.( the back of the fight ) there is your breath and butter and your chill area.

Example
Fos2
Last time we were there I remenber Ghost and quick asking were I was or if I was death. Not at all I was in my safety zone mostly hiding from bizarros lunge attacks . Thats a zone beyone even healers since our range for power working its a lot more than them. In that outter zone of the fight you will lose dps in order to gain survival. If your raid has power they can keep working and fighting . They lose you they drop like stones you are the last line of defence and if you go down first all goes to hell. Plain and simple.

Now for the last part resourse.(yeah finallyyy)
If you have more than half your power or full for more than 30 seconds you stopin resourses in you are slowing down the power out . You are just not doin your job. If you have 1100 power to set a number and are full for more than 30 seconds thats time lost since that power should be in ur group and you should be regaining more wish means more power runing in to them. Some trollers forget about this and try to act as dps... It sucks wanting to destroy a mob with ur hl impact (train) but having to use that power for a recharge so we get heals and dps runing. But those resourses (power) should never be feed for our greedy desires of looking bad ass (some places we nees to fight it happends its knowing when see again knowledge? Thats our third streng over skill and gear.) Hope my bad grammar could get throught you guys lol.

So in part 2 we will go more hands on trinket pot and power manament mecanics till next time l33t
Back to top Go down
THE GHOST
league leader
league leader
THE GHOST

PostSubject: Re: Trolling 101 part one ...   Trolling 101 part one ... EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Drop that knowledge my brotha. Awesome work. Can't wait for part 2 lol
Back to top Go down
Blue
league officer
league officer
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Trolling 101 part one ...   Trolling 101 part one ... EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:49 pm

Something I'd like to add, if I may, is a rule of thumb I try to follow while controlling. To me it seems the only time a controller should be at 100% power is when every other member of the group is as well. I always found it more important for everyone else to be topped off more than the controller. I'm not saying a controller should always empty his bar, though. After all, there are times someone may get drained by an Eye Drone or something, and if you don't have power to give then they won't to heal, damage, etc.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/superleet11/
THE GHOST
league leader
league leader
THE GHOST

PostSubject: Re: Trolling 101 part one ...   Trolling 101 part one ... EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Blue wrote:
Something I'd like to add, if I may, is a rule of thumb I try to follow while controlling. To me it seems the only time a controller should be at 100% power is when every other member of the group is as well. I always found it more important for everyone else to be topped off more than the controller. I'm not saying a controller should always empty his bar, though. After all, there are times someone may get drained by an Eye Drone or something, and if you don't have power to give then they won't to heal, damage, etc.

This
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trolling 101 part one ...   Trolling 101 part one ... Empty

Back to top Go down

Trolling 101 part one ...
Page 1 of 1